Re: [SLUG] List Insanity...Sheeesh.

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sun Aug 31 2003 - 19:14:40 EDT

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 10:22:25PM -0400, Thomas A. Ufer wrote:

> Actually, SLUG is one big group with several meeting places to
> accommodate everyone. As far as the politics list goes, it was created
> for people to vent about anything and everything. So, while all this SCO
> stuff could go there, it is Linux related and fits into the main list
> just fine.

Tom's correct about this. Some people don't really seek out the latest
in Linux news, and this list is the only place they get it. And the SCO
issue is very important to the Linux community.

However, I do understand that some people are tired of hearing about it.
The case is a long way from being heard at trial. So by way of
compromise, I'd _suggest_ that we keep the SCO content to a minimum
unless something new and really important happens. Just a suggestion.

Paul