[SLUG] WNCLUG Bounces

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 18:36:15 EDT

Folks:

We've seen an incredible number of bounces from a thread that appears to
be cross-posted to WNC Lug, whoever that is. Apparently, it was
cross-posted to both lists, and the folks on that list are hitting
"reply-all", which is causing their posts to bounce on our mailservers,
to which they are not s*bscr*bed.

Please don't cross-post this way, if you're a member of both groups. Or
at least attend to your headers so that a "reply-all" will not bounce
back on us (if that's possible). And if you're currently replying to
such a thread, please expunge SLUG return addresses so the problem
doesn't continue to happen.

Our list servers are having enough trouble with SoBig and its kin,
without a bunch of goofy bounces as well. (Not like we don't get enough
bounces already.)

Thanks,

Paul