Re: [SLUG] I've done it again I've found an error that no other English speaking person has found :)

From: Matt Miller (matt@sandmcomputers.com)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 09:56:30 EDT

> I'm in the process of setting up the cyrus imap server
> on Debian and I get the install completed but when I
> go to add users accounts by running "cyradm localhost"
> as root. I get the following error.
> application-specific initialization failed: couldn't
> connect to localhost: connection refused

My first question would be, have you checked whether imapd is actually
running?

$ ps axf|grep -i imapd
and/or
$ netstat -pnl|egrep "143|220|993"

If not, try to manually run /usr/sbin/imapd and check again to see if it
is running.

My second question would be, which cyrus packages do you have installed?

$ dpkg -l|grep -i cyrus

According to a package search, there appears to be 3 packages necessary
for cyrus to function according to your needs: cyrus-admin (which includes
cyradm, so I assume you have installed this), cyrus-imapd and
cyrus-common.

My final question would be, what do your log files tell you?

HTH.
Matt