Re: [SLUG] ping slug / relays.osirusoft.com

From: Andrew M Hoerter (amh@pobox.com)
Date: Sat Sep 06 2003 - 14:05:24 EDT

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 thor_consulting@yahoo.com wrote:

> anyone else having to deal with this situation:
>
> http://q.queso.com/archives/001272
>
> please post any and all possible solutions

I don't use DNSRBL's, and never will.

Do people really think a good way to fight spam is by blacklisting huge
netblocks containing innocent people and then have no official channel of
communication to have the blocks removed? Not to mention the Stalinist
system of anonymous tips most DNSRBL's operate by. Frankly, I'm glad
osirusoft is gone.

I hate spam too. But I hate denial of service to real people even more.
At least local antispam measures on a single mailserver only affect that
mailserver, and not thousands of them.

Thus endeth the rant.