Re: [SLUG] linus groupies

From: Matt Moen (mattlists@younicks.org)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 09:14:46 EDT

I beg to differ:

http://www.carolynsclinic.f2s.com/images/startrek.jpg
http://www.sethkushner.com/trek3.html

The Open source geeks actually do something constructive with their
lives. Their software is used in 3rd world nations for noble causes.
I mean, perhaps in their own little worlds they're "Exploring new worlds and
new civilizations." and boldly going "where no one (man? ;-) has gone
before!"

Star Trek nuts are dorks. Open Source nuts are geeks. How do you
easily separate the dorks from the geeks? Geeks tend to make more money. ;-)
(of course there are exceptions) ...and they tend to know their Beer
and exotic foods, only purchase figurines if they involve Japanimation...
/and/, geeks tend to only dress up for SCA events. ;-)

Thus spake Meyer, David R on the 08 day of the 09 month in the year 2003:
> This is almost worse...ok, it is worse, than a Star Trek convention!

Matthew Moen

Outlook is as attractive to email viruses as a heap of dead and rotting cows is to a fly. So long as that maggot-filled pile of corpses is there, swatting at the flies isn't going to work. Alan Bellingham, SDM ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.