Re: [SLUG] Linux printing

From: John Pedersen (john@jmp-systems.com)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 23:52:01 EDT

William Lindfors wrote:
> Does anyone know how to print to a network printer thru linux. Trying to
> print from my linux laptop to a shared printer in a windows environment. What
> would I use? I did not see any option to create a network printer like you
> can with windows.

On my network I have both Linux and Win boxes. The network printer
has a static IP address, and I use CUPS in the Linux boxes to set up
the printer. The Windows boxes see the printer in their own way.
Because the printer is an independent device on the network, there's
no interaction between Linux and Windows.

John