[SLUG] Suse 8.2 with Adaptec serial ata 2410SA RAID

From: pwgrant (pwgrant@cssi-fl.com)
Date: Sun Sep 21 2003 - 08:10:09 EDT

Whoa is me. Need some guidance. here's the scenario:
"clone" 450AMD with 512MB RAM running Suse's 7.0 Linux - VERY stable for
three.
Voodoo 3dfx 16MD video (was listed specifically on the suse compatibility
list.
I am attempting to install a RAID using Adaptec 2410sa SerialATA raid
controller and 3 WDserial ATA drives with little success. Apparently the
Adaptec driver "works" only with Red Hat versions and Suse 8.1 and later. I
attempted to upgrade the OS, but after the install kernel loads the screen
goes black and hangs during a video mode change. I am pondering changing
the video adapter as well. Suggestions on a low cost video adapter and
otherwise?

--Patrick