[SLUG] "/etc/dhcpd/dhcpd-eth0.info" - What's it all about?

From: Clay, John (John.Clay@lfr.com)
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 08:45:36 EDT

I recently re-numbered our network. Everything is fine except our Linux LTSP
system can't resolve URLs. The browsers operate properly with IP addresses.
I just noticed that /etc/dhcpd/dhcpd-eth0.info contains numbers from the
previous network numbering scheme. It would appear that this file has
something to do with the NIC config, dhcp and other IP addressing or
configuration issues but that's as far as I can go. Can someone give me a
Cliff's Notes version of what this file is and how to properly modify it
before I start experimenting?

By the way: The system is RH 7.3 and I had problems changing the IP address
of the NIC. I couldn't find the GUI tool, which I reviewed the day before
the change, and so I used the text based tool.

Thanks Much
John Clay
Tallahassee