[SLUG] Question about USB Pen Drive

From: cpace@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 08:40:56 EDT

I have recently acquired a USB Pen Drive and it works
great under linux. What I want to do is to actually
put a linux distro on it and boot to the USB drive
(my bios supports this funtion). I'm working with
DamnSmall Linux (www.damnsmalllinux.org) since it is
based on Knoppix and is supposed to have good
hardware detection. My problem is that I am trying
to figure out how to make the USB Pen drive bootable?
I believe I could mount it with my main linux box and
then switch the root fs to the pen drive but the
damnsmall linux distro has a compressed image and I
am unsure as to how they get the bootloader to
decompress it?? I am open to suggestions for another
distro as long as it has X windows. I have a 256M
Pen Drive but would like something that fits on 128M
or less. Any ideas, suggestions or references to
information would be greatly appreciated.

Pace