Re: [SLUG] SuSE - "connection to ":0.0" refused by server"

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 11:14:59 EDT

Finally a question I think I can answer! This one is mine, all mine... When I
get this, I exit out of root by typing "exit". Then I type "xhost
+localhost". Then I su back to root and then it should work. For a
permanent solution, across all users, add "xhost +localhost" to the end of
your "/etc/profile" file (as root). Then so a "source /etc/profile" as root
get it running, or login/logout, or use Yast2 (whatever that stands for, I
think it's "yet another suse thing #2) to relink everything but I'm not sure
how to that except by changing something in the config in Yast2, and when you
close it relinks everything.