Re: [SLUG] flashplayer missing .xpt file

From: Maurice Wilson (maury0324@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Oct 19 2003 - 04:10:43 EDT

Rock wrote:

>I did that, and when I run the installer per the instructions I get a
>message that it cannot find the flashplayer.xpt file. Is that a file
>that I can download from somewhere for RedHat 8.0?
>I have the libflashplayer.so file just where it is supposed to be. The
>.xpt file just never gets created for some reason.
>
>Michael C. Rock
>Systems Analyst
>Registered Linux User # 287973
>
>"The time has come the walrus said to speak of many things,,"
>"Christians give up what they cannot keep to gain what they cannot lose"

Don't know red hat. With debian or mandrake you don't have to run an
install using rpm you just simply copy and paste those two files into
the plugin folder. I have done it many times and it always worked for
me. There is a readme file that tells what to do when you extract the
downloaded file in the temp folder, but red hat may be different?