Re: [SLUG] Logo configuration

From: Austin Theen (austin@austintheen.com)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 11:04:26 EDT

On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 07:18, Russell Hires wrote:
> I finally upgrade my system to sarge from woody (debian stuff -- from stable
> to testing, basically) so that I could attempt to compile a 2.6.0-testx
> kernel. I'm going through the configuration stuff, and come across "Logo
> Configuration!" I never thought that the logo would be important enough to
> make it into the kernel like this. I love Linux, and this is why! I also
> thought it was funny, and worth sharing...

I just started running 2.6.0-test6-mm4 with pretty good luck. Frame
Buffer took a little while to figure out, but a 1024x768 console just
looks SOOO much better.

I've been getting much better IDE transfer on the new kernel and overall
much more responsive under load in X.

I'm still waiting for a few patches to make the switch to 2.6, like
vservers and grsecurity but overall I like the new kernel!

Austin Theen