Re: [SLUG] Beer and Bulls**t

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Thu Oct 23 2003 - 15:29:08 EDT

(with a straight face) We need to clarify this: our emphasis is "social" or
as you crazy Americans say it, "hanging out". Any knowledge exchange is
incidental and generally inappropriate. Most other LUG meetings place
importance on linux knowledge transfer. The reason we have the sslug meeting
at all is because we all generally "care" about linux and congregate based
upon that and our desire to drink beer with those who at an earlier point in
the day could articulate those notions. I'm not sure how this relates, but
I think the bathroom wall at the C&B said it best: "If you shake it more than
twice, you're playing with it." Okay, back to work.