[SLUG] Postifix, no banner

From: Douglas Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.com)
Date: Fri Oct 31 2003 - 16:52:43 EST

Happy Halloween everyone!

I have Postfix running, with Amavisd-new and AlterMime. Everything was
working fine, until we moved the server from our internal NAT'd LAN to our
DMZ, and changed the IP address. Now, if you telnet into the server on
port 25, you get coneected, but never get a banner, and no response from
any SMTP commands... For example:

[root@mail root]# telnet <ipaddress> 25
Trying <ipaddress>...
Connected to <ipaddress>.
Escape character is '^]'. #I've waited over 10 min, no banner...
ehlo mail.test.com
mail from: looser@test.com

Also, when I SSH to the server now, there is about 30 seconds between
entering username, and being prompted for password... Maybe these are
related? both worked fine before the move.... Thanks!

Doug