Re: [SLUG] Java question

From: John Pedersen (john@jmp-systems.com)
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 18:52:46 EST

I don't remember who asked the question, but I think the missing piece
of the puzzle is that he's writing into the status bar--it's not the
same as writing into the contentpane.

Try this:

1. Make the String msg into a class variable so you can create the
string in one method and access it in another.

2. Override the applet's "paint" method by adding this:

public void paint( Graphics g ) {
    super.paint(g);
    showStatus( msg );
}

3. Remove showStatus call from generateQuestion method and replace
with repaint();

I think that's all I did to make it work (starting from your original
code). If I forgot something, let me know.

John