Re: [SLUG] live cd for developers?

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Mon Nov 03 2003 - 16:20:47 EST

>Is there any software in particular anyone would particularly
> like to see on a kind of "portable development workstation" live cd?

I liked the ones you listed + if you could throw in some of the related java
classes/jars that don't usually come with a jdk (some of the apache stuff and
web services and web start stuff and maybe jetspeed. I like Bluefish for
plain html editing. Plus all those tools like emacs and vi that real
developers seem to like. But if you make this, how is Sun supposed to sell
any of its Java Desktops?