Re: [SLUG] Suncoast LUG Meetings

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 01:19:24 EST

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 06:58:27PM -0500, John Pedersen wrote:

> Paul M Foster wrote:
>
> >_Obviously_ you're not using the Fosterian calendaring system! ;-}
> >
> >(I will assume, unless otherwise instructed, that the St Pete meeting
> >will take place on 24 September.)
>
> September 24th, 2004, I presume? Shall we assume that the St. Pete
> meeting is now an annual one, or am I also being confused by the
> Fosterian system?

I'm sorry, I was still thinking you folks understood the Fosterian
calendaring system. In the Fosterian system, the first of a month which
begins on a Monday can be an alias for the last Monday of the prior
month in odd numbered years. Similarly, if 24 September falls on a
Wednesday in an odd year, it can be an alias for the last Monday in
November of that same year. All of this, of course, hinges on the
current phase of the 11 year sunspot cycle, and the episode number of
the most recently repeated original Star Trek episode being shown on any
TV station receivable in Oldsmar, Florida. Pretty simple, really.

But okay, for those of you using _regular_ calendars, the next St Pete
meeting would be 24 November. ;-}

Paul