[SLUG] optical mouse

From: JamesS (penroses@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Nov 08 2003 - 14:59:51 EST

First i am a newbie with Linux. I installed Mandrake 9.1 on a pent3-450
puter. I decided to install a MS optical wheel mouse since i hate ball
mouses. So i went looking in mandrake control center. What it says there is
for "other" a microsoft explorer and also under " USB" microsoft explorer.
Since the MS basic optical mouse was usb i tried installing it. The problem
now is there is still the cover plate at the back of the puter covering the
2 usb ports. I will have to almost completely disassemble the puter to
uncover them. So im am going to try using a PS2 adapter on the mouse. I am
not sure what to select here . the "other" microsoft explorer seems to be
under PS2 in mousedrake. Would i choose this? Also this is not really a MS
explorer mouse just a basic wheel mouse with optical. Sorry if this sounds
so simple but the webpages on the subject found thru a search is just
confusing me. any help would be appreciated.

JamesS