Re: [SLUG] mp3 in FC1

From: ethan zimmerman (lists@ethanzimmerman.com)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 19:35:40 EST

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 18:13, jason pratt wrote:
> How can I go about getting mp3 playback in Fedora Core 1?

okay you need XMMS-MP3 to get XMMS to play mp3's that's easy, but if you
want rhythmbox to be able to play mp3's that's harder. For rhythmbox you
need to get a new gstreamer packages. I've installed XMMS-MP3 on my FC1
box but I haven't touched rhythmbox yet. Also here are some good places
to get FC1 packages....

http://yarrow.freshrpms.net/
http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/
http://rpm.livna.org/
http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/dist/fc1/

also i have the xmms-mp3 rpm if you want me to email it to you lemme
know.

-ethan