Re: Is this possible? RE: [SLUG] configure samba to verify user and pswd on another server.

From: Steve (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 19:03:09 EST

On Wednesday 19 November 2003 03:19 pm, you wrote:
> Forgive my naiveness, but is it possible to import the Forgive my
> naiveness, but is it possible to import the base from server1 to server2?

What a PDC does is authenticate users. It can be on any accessible computer.
In widblows you just tell it the name of the PDC wether win on linux.

You specify the workgroup (NOT domain) name (and maybe the name of the PDC,
don't recall off hand).

Steve

__________________________________________________ You actually need to constantly be alert and willing to handle things, or life will find a way to get you good! ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.