Re: [SLUG] debian install 3.0_r1

From: Scott Piper (piper@ij.net)
Date: Thu Nov 20 2003 - 14:21:41 EST

hmmm. One hard drive partition with no swap? You can try booting with
the Debian CD again except this time scroll down to where you have the
option of executing a shell and choose it.

Make a directory as in mkdir a
then mount your hard drive to it as in

mount /dev/hda1 a To change to your installed Debian system, execute
the command

chroot a, followed by a

cd / to move to the root partition

Now run lilo with the verbose option as in

lilo -v

it will show you any problems or if the boot sector was written. You
may want to look at or edit the /etc/lilo.conf file.

to quit, issue the

exit

command to get back from the chroot,

umount a to unmount /dev/hda1,

and then

shutdown -r now or use the ctrl-alt-delete sequence to reboot (take
out the CD before it reboots, though)

scott