RE: [SLUG] Strange samba problem

From: Rock (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 12:43:00 EST

Seth,

Are these 'home' directories ( as in the smb.conf file) that you have
created on the RH box?

I have home directories set up on a RH 8.0 box with my clients coming in
from NT, and W2K. All I do to add another client is set the smbpasswd
and add a user to linux with the same password. Also the same password
as their MS password. Then I map the drive to their linux share so I
can create a folder on their desktop and the rest is history. I never
use smbclient to set anything, and don't know the advantage of doing so.

I am a simple guy and try to keep everything as simple and uncomplicated
as possible.

Michael C. Rock
Systems Analyst
Registered Linux User # 287973

"The time has come the walrus said to speak of many things,,"
"Christians give up what they cannot keep to gain what they cannot lose"