Re: [SLUG] mirrored directory

From: Dylan William Hardison (dylanwh@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Nov 24 2003 - 15:09:12 EST

Spake Eben King on Monday, November 24, 2003 at 02:46PM -0500:
> On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Eric Jahn wrote:
>
> > I have a samba client connection to a shared file server at work. I'd like to
> > keep a mirror on my laptop of one of the subdirectories (and all its
> > contents) on this shared file system. Is there an easier, more dynamic way
> > to do this without doing some sort of cron-job "cp -a" command? So if a new
> > file is added to the shared network subdirectory, that file will be copied to
> > my laptop drive also, and they will stay in synch. Thank you -Eric
>
> 'rsync' comes to mind, but I've never used it.

I second the rsync motion.

http://samba.anu.edu.au/rsync/

I've also never used it, but I've been reading the manual (or
was, until my homework started taking over my life).

--
"Regardless of the legal speed limit, your Buick must be operated at
speeds faster than 85 MPH (140kph)."