Re: [SLUG] Brandon Meeting This Week

From: Tyler Vann-Campbell (MrPeaceful@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 13:15:51 EST

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 01:07, bpreece1 wrote:
> Folks as you know that Barnes and Nobles does not allow meetings during
> December.
> How ever they are allowing us to meet. The condition is that we make is
> short.
> So this should only be a half an hour meeting. Yes and a raffle.
>
> Very special that everyone shows up for this. Please as many as possible!
> Topic The Show.
> Reason important so we can make a list of everyone who will be there.
> Also get the tickets to get in and be sure to register.
>
> www.biz2expo.com so you get your badge and get in early other wise long
> lines.
>
> Special Guest
> Robin "Roblimo" Miller OSDN Very special thanks to Robin
> Jon "Maddog" Hall Linux International
> Dr. Frederick H. Berenstein Xandros Linux
> Steve Harris Xandros Linux {sorry not the Bass
> Player from Iron Maiden}
>
> Xandros will be showing off the new 2.0 with our show first!!!!!!!!!
>
> What will we need booth attendants to answer questions, Demo, and passout
> goodies. Also anyone who can burn cd's let me know A.S.A.P.
> reason that many companys did not come through for us to have distros to
> pass out. We will be passing out Xandros, Knoppix and a few others.
> The Knoppix version I have has the Suncoast Linux Users Group logo already
> to go I will passout copies to the people burning cd's.
>
> We will have electric, internet, and drinks and snacks.
>
> Distros to show off will be Xandros 2.0 !!!!! , Knoppix, Redhat 9 , and
> Lindows, need some one with a S.u.S.E. loaded Laptop, mandrake Laptop,
> etc., Laptops preffered to make sure we do not draw too much power. Will
> have a 16 port switch/hub dlink there.
>
> Also David if you can get the CA Penguin costume that would be great.
> Will see you all that the meeting Thursday. Thanks.
>
> Again this show will rock! Regardless of the lack of support from some of
> the companies we will make this work!!!!
>
> Thanks
> Bill Preece, & Diana Lenko
> Happy Holidays to everyone.

I have an available CD Burner on my desktop, which finally works under
kernel version 2.6.0-test5 despite the fact that SCSI emulation seems to
be a "dead duck".

Also, I have a laptop with RHL8 and a desktop with RHL9. The desktop
runs 2.6.0-test5, if we felt like demo-ing that as well. If we run out
of ports on the 16-port switch I have a pair of 24-port hubs that we can
use.

Along the lines of goodies, I have the ISO images for Gentoo Games Enemy
Territory and America's Army bootable Game Discs. We could demo these
and hand them out as well, if we want to provide some sweet but
unsubstantial "goodies" and demonstrate accelerated graphics under
Linux.

I'll see everyone this Thursday at the Brandon meeting.

Tyler

--
All I know is what the words know, and dead things, and that
makes a handsome little sum, with a beginning and a middle and