Re: [SLUG] mainbaord recommendations

From: Kwan Lowe (kwan@digitalhermit.com)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 00:00:05 EST

> The motherboard on a Suse box is toast. Recommendations on a replacement?

How much are you willing to spend?

I have a bunch of really cheap ECS K7S5A based systems (about $200 for
CPU/Board/Memory/Case) and they've been solid. They're certainly not the
fastest nor the most overclockable, but sound, ethernet, USB are all supported
with all Linux distros I've tried (Gentoo, Debian, Redhat, Fedora, Mandrake).

--
* The Digital Hermit   http://www.digitalhermit.com
* Unix and Linux Solutions   kwan@digitalhermit.com