RE: [SLUG] show details

From: Tyler Vann-Campbell (MrPeaceful@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Sat Dec 06 2003 - 12:16:06 EST

This is a pretty accurate retelling. We talked about whether the new
kernel would give people enough rope to shoot themselves in the foot and
other general issues regarding Linux on the desktop. People with burners
who are going to assist in burning should meet back at B&N on Sunday
around noon to get copies of the necessary materials. The wooing women
with laptops is also true, and after I got the details from Bill, I
managed to leave with them, a rare occurrence for SLUG meetings to be
sure.

Tyler

On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 10:23, Steven Buehler wrote:
> Due to car trouble our Fearless Leader couldn't get there until 9:30, so we
> hung around and used our Linux PCs to woo women while we were waiting and
> then watched the first part of "This is Spinal Tap" to really turn 'em on
> once he got there.
>
> Show info is at http://www.biz2expo.com; registration is free, but you'll
> need money for parking (max $7/day in most of the garages; closest one is
> within two blocks from the Convention Center). I have to be in Tampa the
> second day anyway for a Christmas Party at the AT&T campus across from the
> Ray-Jay so I'll be strapping my Mandrake 9.2 laptop to the back of the
> scooter for the 90-minute ride to Tampa.
>
> Steven Buehler | <steven@sanctuaryweb.org> | <http://www.sanctuaryweb.org>
> Into bikes? <http://www.faith-riders.com>

There is a great discovery still to be made in Literature: that of
paying literary men by the quantity they do NOT write.