Re: [SLUG] Mounting an remote share

From: Tyler Vann-Campbell (MrPeaceful@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Sat Dec 06 2003 - 12:33:55 EST

Wow, a real live rtfm!

Probably the easiest way to do this is to throw a smbmount command into
the end of your rc.local and pass all the mounting information there. It
also appears that you can store username and password in a
user-specifiable credentials file, with the format
        username = <value>
        password = <value>
so you don't have to type a username and password each time or store
them in an insecure file like fstab or rc.local.

On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 12:04, Eben King wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Dec 2003, jason pratt wrote:
>
> > How would I go about mounting at boot time a share on a workgroup
> > server? I have smb setup and I can see smb://orion (which is a win2kas
> > box) when i type it in the address bar. I also don't want to be prompted
> > for a username and password which I am right now. Any ideas?
>
> man smbmount
>
> --
> -eben ebQenW1@EtaRmpTabYayU.rIr.OcoPm home.tampabay.rr.com/hactar
> TAURUS: You will never find true happiness - what you gonna
> do, cry about it? The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up,
> do a bunch of stuff and then go back to sleep. -- Weird Al

There is a great discovery still to be made in Literature: that of
paying literary men by the quantity they do NOT write.