Re: [SLUG] Debian mp2 to and from ogg

From: Michael Manchester (mchester@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 13:47:30 EST

To me all so. I just don't know how to play OGG's on
my portable MP3 player. So Archive to OGG is great but
there are times I want to play the songs on my
portable MP3 player which doesn't support OGG. Thus
the need to convert from OGG to MP3 and vica versa for
all the MP3's I have that I want to convert to OGG.
Unless you know how to make the ogg's play on my mp3
player without converting them.
Mike M.

--- Ronald KA4INM Youvan <ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com>
wrote:
> Why archive an mp3 to ogg? The highs are lost and
> you will
> only use more disk space in doing it.
> Archiving wavs to ogg makes sense to me. (so that is
> what I do)
>
> > Does anyone know of a good program to convert
> mp3's to
> > ogg and vice versa? I would like to archive with
> ogg
> > but my mp3 player won't play ogg so I need a way
> > convert the ogg to mp3's.
> --
> 73 (= Best Regards) de: (= from) Ron
> ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com
> 100% Slackware LINUX since 7-97 (still free!)
> SENT D&T are UTC
> Visit my HAM Web SITE at:
> http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm

> This list is provided as an unmoderated internet
> service by Networked
> Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions
> expressed in messages
> posted are those of the author and do not
> necessarily reflect the
> official policy or position of NKS or any of its
employees.

=====