Re: [SLUG] Possible Project, Xandros, and Mepis

From: Douglas Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.com)
Date: Wed Dec 24 2003 - 09:03:25 EST

> Does anyone have any thoughts about any of this? If so, I'd love to hear
> them.
>
> - Robin

Thanks for all the info Robin! Could you edit this into something that go
up on NewsForge?

I've been using Mepis on my laptop for a while, since I first heard about
it here on SLUG. I am very impressed, but I was worried about the one man
show. It's good to hear he's getting help from others. I may begin using
Mepis for all my systems. One of the reasons I chose Mepis is because of
it's Debian based, non-commercial nature. I'm not sure if I would like an
association with Xandros, or any other commercial distro. Besides, it
sounds like Warren could do better on his own!

Doug