[SLUG] Apache, Tomcat, Redirection

From: Douglas Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.com)
Date: Wed Jan 07 2004 - 15:18:38 EST

Hello SLUG,

I have Apache 1.3 on my RH7.3 box, serving up a basic website, listening
on port 80. Let's say www.mywebpage.com. I also have Tomcat installed,
which together with a program called VT Survey, provides an online survey.
The url for this survey would be:

www.mywebpage.com:8080/survey/entry.jsp?id=1071715043872

I would like to be able to type in www.mywebpage.com/survey in a browser,
and be redirected to the survey url.

Alternately, I would be satisfied with having them type
survey.mywebpage.com, and being redirected to the survey. However, Verizon
is hosting our DNS, and I'd rather not talk to them, if I can help it.

Any Apache gurus out there that can help out? Thanks!

Doug