Re: [SLUG] custom kernel issues

From: Kwan Lowe (kwan@digitalhermit.com)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 17:15:08 EST

> Hmm... Actually 2.6 does sound interesting, maybe I'll DL those sources too
> and conduct a highly respected, extremely scientific seat of my pants 2.4 /
> 2.6 comparison on my Athlon machine. Hard to not be tempted by the promise of
> a better performing computer!

I've been running 2.6 for a while now. Only a few things I can say about it:

IT ROCKS! IT ROCKS!

It really, really improves the desktop experience. Everything seems quicker,
from window scrolling to startup and shutdown. The sound is beautiful on an
old laptop. My USB stuff that wasn't recognized before just worked. It really
felt like I'd gotten a processor upgrade on that old 333MhZ Dell Inspiron test
machine.

--
* The Digital Hermit   http://www.digitalhermit.com
* Unix and Linux Solutions   kwan@digitalhermit.com