[SLUG] 2.6 Kernel Errors

From: Branko (branko1967@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 21:51:19 EST

A Linux newbee here.
I wanted to upgrade my Kernel to 2.6; running Mandrake
9.1 on a Intel Celeron, 256M.. dual HD, dual boot (Win
XP), but after I enter:
"make menuconfig"
the process stops and I get this:
HOSTCC scripts/fixdep
/bin/sh: line 1: command not found
make[1]: ***[scripts/fixdep] Error 127
make: ***[scripts/fixdep] Error 2
I did some search on Google, but did not find anything
specific.
Any help or direction is greatly appreciated.
Thanx