[SLUG] APT-get errors - help ?

From: Mark Banschbach (mrbear37@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jan 11 2004 - 09:18:52 EST

Greetings all !

   Happy new year..!

  I am working on a new install and attempting to
download some files. using APT-Get...

  I am using a tiny distro called Damn Small Linux..
and
I am having some issues with doing the apt-update..
it gives the following errors after connecting and
reading the info from the sites..

error 1) Read error - read (21 Is a Directory)

error 2) The package lists or status file could not be
parsed or opened "

  Any ideas here .. also dselect uses apt for fetching
packages soooooo nothing doing there as well.

Thanks in advance !

Mark