[SLUG] Linux World Update

From: Meyer, David R \(FL\) (David.Meyer07@ca.com)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 18:31:35 EST

Hello,

Linux World was a HUGE success. Borrowing from George W. Bush "The
State of our Union is STRONG." While the swag items were SEVERELY
lacking this time, the number of people attending with a "C" somewhere
in their title was great. Most of the people I spoke to were executive
types who have either been directed to move to Linux, or those who have
decided on their own to make it happen.

I apologize to all who requested stuff...there just wasn't much to get.
HOWEVER - If you want a free MySQL shirt, go to the MySQL website and
download something...you'll have to take a QUICK survey, but they'll
send you a nice shirt for your troubles.

I will tell you the Red Hat and Google were actively looking for
help...aka LINUX JOBS...and there are a lot of them.

Red Hat and HP gave away a two year least on a nice Porsche Boxter.

One of the biggest success stories though was the Xandros booth...they
were swamped at the show, and they spoke at the CA booth. They had a
really nice turnout. I think they are going to hit gold with the new
version...it rocks!

Anyway, I just wanted to give an update. I'll be working CA World, so
I'll try to get some give-aways there, as well as Linux World in San
Francisco and Boston later this year.

Dope me a note off-line with any questions.

Dave