RE: [SLUG] An Open Letter to Slug

From: Meyer, David R \(FL\) (David.Meyer07@ca.com)
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 09:09:52 EST

Mr. Tomlinson,

As someone who is well versed and experienced in the art of
miscommunication (as I have a history of being the guilty party in the
past) let me ask that you not implicate NKS in your note. NKS is kind
enough to host this list, and while many of their folks are involved in
SLUG, they are not SLUG. I have posted before and sent notes to people
that don't get answered, probably because I have not addressed them to
the proper place. In this case, it appears you did not. I can't speak
for Tom, but I will tell you that if Paul Foster had received your email
(to him directly) he would have replied. Tom Ufer is the same way...he
also replies, but like many, he is exceptionally busy.

When I say I think you mis-addressed this note, I mean that perhaps you
should have sent the note to the listadmin@suncoastlug.org address,
rather than to Tom's personal account. I have two email addresses that
I use on this list, and one of them doesn't get read very often.

Reconsider leaving...SLUG is a good group, and you can learn a lot. I
sure have. But if you must go, then you can accomplish this by doing
the following:

Send an email to:
majordomo@nks.net
In the body of the email, give the following command:
unsubscribe <name-of-list> <your.email.address>
Or execute this command:
echo unsubscribe <name-of-list> <your.email.address> | mail
majordomo@nks.net

This is pretty simple to do and will accomplish the removal of your name
from the list. Again, I think you should reconsider...but if you have
to go, we wish you the best.

Dave