Re: [SLUG] TwinView 3D Problem

From: Steve (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Sat Feb 14 2004 - 12:55:14 EST

On Saturday 14 February 2004 01:06 pm, jeremy bowers wrote:
> After agonizing minutes of getting twinview set up on my PNY GeForce
> 4 Ti 4200-64-8x, I noticed that any 3D-accelerated game that's
> supposed to be "full screen" shows up only halfway on the
> far-right-hand-side of the right-most monitor. It also shows up
> halfway on the far left-hand-side of the left-most monitor, but as a
> greyed-out window with black contents. It does not show the "other
> half" of the game.
>
> The monitor orientation has monitor 1 plugged into a dvi-vga adapter,
> and monitor two is set up "LeftOf" on the original vga port. This
> configuration with nearly the same XF86Config worked great in SuSE 9
> and did not have this problem. (It's set up like this because the
> right-hand monitor is clearly the brighter/better of the two, and I
> spend most of my time on it.)
>
> For a moment or two, I thought I had erred in my twinview
> configuration. However, the 2D view is perfect. I'm gonna include my
> XF86Config below for closer scrutiny. I'm using fedora core 1 with
> apt-rpm and the latest nvidia drivers. Everything EXCEPT the position
> of the 3D-accelerated games is fine, in that they are clearly
> accelerated and not choppy or otherwise distorted.
>
> Anybody got a clue? I'm desperate to play the UT2004 demo!
>
> --Jeremy

One of the things with twinview is that some apps like OpenOffice which
depends on the corrects ratios to display a letter size page as a
letter size box.

I noticed that you do not have DisplaySize in the Monitor section.
To get proper ratio I had to double from 400 x 300 to 800 x 300. Since
it's now twice as wide. Your numbers may vary as I run at 1600x1200.

DisplaySize 800 300

--
Steve

__________________________________________________ You actually need to constantly be alert and willing to handle things, or life will find a way to get you good! ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.