RE: [SLUG] Linux & GIS

From: wchast@utilpart.com
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 16:47:28 EST

This sounds like what I am looking for. We have short frames of
data coming from vehicles over a radio system each frame has GPS
Lat/Lon data speed heading and the other usual stuff. Added to that
is one or two bytes of data that comes from sensors and a panic
or hi-jack button, in the end we only want to show the vehicles
that have a problem code, or have been requested to be viewed (
driver going off route?) there will be many operators looking at
different areas of the database, but they will only see the units
they want to see or need to see.

>From what I am seeing it sounds like Grass is where I need to start.

Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;
and twisted metal."

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
the sender immediately and destroy any hard copies you may have printed and
remove all copies of the e-mail from your hard drive. Opinions, conclusions
business of Utility Partners, Inc shall be understood as neither given nor
endorsed by it.

Visit us on the web at http://www.utilpart.com