[SLUG] nvidia modules and 2.6 kernels pci_find_subsys()

From: Tyler Vann-Campbell (MrPeaceful@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 01:31:48 EST

Hi all,

I'm regretting using the nvidia binary only module right about now.

The new nvidia drivers (the ones unpatched by minion.de) seem to have a
neat feature that calls pci_find_subsys() in drivers/pci/search.c

Causes warnings in /var/log/messages sometimes, other times it actually
hangs the box, requiring SSH from another box to kill X.

From the comments surrounding it, it seems like the kernel devs never
intended for pci_find_subsys() to be called, hence the warnings. This
shouldn't cause any real kernel oops at all, but it appears that it's
hanging the box weekly.

If anyone knows anything about this issue please let me know. As I find
out more about this I'll share it.

Tyler

P.S. A keysigning party would be a really neat idea. I'm all for it.

-- How do I type "for i in *.dvi do xdvi i done" in a GUI? (Discussion
in comp.os.linux.misc on the intuitiveness of interfaces.)