Re: [SLUG] local mail filtering

From: Mike Branda (mike@wackyworld.tv)
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 09:35:45 EST

Paul,

What you wrote helped a lot. I'm going to plug the lines in this morning
and I'm sure it will work to the point of spamassassin. I really needed
the clarification of the file details you provided because some things in
the man pages for fetchmailrc we not clear at all. Thank you for that part.
The final part I am missing is how to pass that off after the filtering to
qpopper or other pop3 or IMAP server. Outlook on LAN Windows boxes will
work with either of those two protocols. If the original mail can be
spooled somehow, I would like to just change the Incoming Mail Server field
in Outlook to my SuSE box instead of the current mail site so It picks up
the filtered mail. I'll let you know how the first part worked out this
afternoon.

Thanks Again!!

Mike Branda
mike@wackyworld.tv