Re: [SLUG] RH9 on Toshiba Tecra 8000

From: Steve (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 23:40:31 EST

On Thursday 18 March 2004 11:05 pm, wchast@utilpart.com wrote:
> I get a error message that it can not find the sound card. I have
> tried the different tools that are on the RH 9 distro but to no
> avail.
>
> I have also tried to run the Knoppix and MEPIS demo disk on it,
> get the same results, anyone know what the work around is?

You need to start with identifying the card. What I usually do is search for
other people who have installed on that hardware. Search Google for Linux
and Toshiba Tecra 8000.

> Chuck Hast
> Telecomms Consultant, Utility Partners.
> WEB www.utilpart.com
> Office number: 813.282.8828 x 1175
> C-phone number: 813.765.6743
> E-mail: wchast@utilpart.com
> SMS < 150 characters: 8137656743@mobile.att.net
> ARS KP4DJT
>
> To paraphrase my flight instructor;
> "the only dumb question is the one you DID NOT ask resulting in my going
> out and having to identify your bits and pieces in the midst of torn
> and twisted metal."

> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
> intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is
> addressed. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
> the sender immediately and destroy any hard copies you may have printed
> and remove all copies of the e-mail from your hard drive. Opinions,
> conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to
> the official business of Utility Partners, Inc shall be understood as
> neither given nor endorsed by it.

I always get a chuckle out these confidentiality notices. If it's
confidential, what is it doing traversing in clear text across the
Internet? All I have to do is to have accounts with various ISP's and I can
record email passing by all day long. I did it to a business owner who did
not believe me. When I told him his login and password he went white.

> Visit us on the web at http://www.utilpart.com

- --
Steve

neither liberty nor safety."