Re: [SLUG] Fedora <--> Fedora printing

From: Backward Thinker (backwardthinker@juno.com)
Date: Sun Mar 21 2004 - 20:45:09 EST

> Hmmm ... ecc to elisha but then ecc to ecc. However, nmap -P0
> ecclesiastes (by IP address / from elisha) shows 631 open also.
> However, I don't think that 631 needs to be open on ecclesiastes ...
> it is only a client, not a server, so the port being open or not is
> moot.
Right, I was making sure you weren't doing both locally because the
client needs to be able to reach the server. The server client way
is not important.

> Hmmm looks to me like only 127.0.0.1 can print
Was that elisha (server) cupsd.conf? It looks like every printer
except lp0 is configured to accept jobs from either ALL or
192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0. Presumably ecclesiastes would fall in the
192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 category?

But these messages:
> I [20/Mar/2004:12:50:47 -0500] Remote destination "Epson-
> 2@ecclesiastes" has timed out; deleting it...
> I [20/Mar/2004:12:50:47 -0500] Remote destination
> "Normal-Epson600@ecclesiastes" has timed out; deleting it...

indicating cupsd is trying to reach printers on ecclesiastes? Is this
client ecclesiastes's error_log or server elisha's? Either way, it
looks like one of the boxes is configured for destination on
ecclesiastes? Can you post server elisha's printers.conf and client
ecclesiastes printers.conf without comments? Also, if those are the
client logs, is there anything in the server's logs?

~ Daniel

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!