{SPAM?} RE: [SLUG] Charges for service

From: Pete S. (linux@myraandpete.net)
Date: Sun Apr 04 2004 - 20:34:18 EDT

Several years ago, working for a VAR, bench PC work was $30/hour, onsite was
$60/hour for PC work, $100/hour for network work (minimum of one hour pay,
since we did not charge for travel time). Website work, is $300 for basic
website (includes configuring hosting service, registering domain name, and
other various headaches). This website would be 3-5 pages. Have the
provide information, ahead of time, on what they want posted on the site.
More complex websites would increase, depending upon what was desired
(custom graphics, shopping basket, SSL, etc.), to $1,200 or more. Plus...
keep in mind follow up maintenance of the website... calendar changes,
uploading new pictures, etc. Keeping them involved/informed with the domain
site registration helps... so that when it expires next year, they don't
come blame you. I have seen large companies let one or several of their
domain names "slide" due to inattentiveness (happened to one of Microsoft's
domain names about 4 months ago... heehe.). If the customer wanted to learn
how do make changes to the website (which we encouraged), we recommended
purchasing one of the wonderful books at B&Noble, or Amazon. Keep clear
documentation of any charges services, for tax purposes, since they will
have different tax rules than most other businesses (we let our accountant
handle the details).
Pete