RE: [SLUG] A question of databases

From: wchast@utilpart.com
Date: Mon Apr 05 2004 - 14:34:51 EDT

Bill Triplett wrote:

> PostgreSQL also support user-defined types and functions. Someome has
> already written an add-on function for calculating earth distance
> between lat/long coordinates. Stuff like that could come in handy for
> what you're doing (which sounds pretty cool!).

Thank you!
This list as usual proves again that it is worth more than a building
full of help desk!!!

Indeed I shall try it, I particularly like that little function you
describe.

Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;
and twisted metal."

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
the sender immediately and destroy any hard copies you may have printed and
remove all copies of the e-mail from your hard drive. Opinions, conclusions
business of Utility Partners, Inc shall be understood as neither given nor
endorsed by it.

Visit us on the web at http://www.utilpart.com