Re: [SLUG] fstab

From: Maurice Wilson (maury0324@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Apr 11 2004 - 11:16:35 EDT

Logan Tygart wrote:

>On Sun, 2004-04-11 at 10:22, Logan Tygart wrote:

>><snip>
>>

>>>(square one) any suggestions?? Thanks
>>>

>>Use the external variation.
>>

>Sorry, I forgot to mention you will then have to mount it like a cdrom
>or a floppy.
>
>The Logan

No Joy: though this time it didn't create any errors.
Hardware Browser does see the drive and reports it correctly
Kdiskfree does not see the drive??
below is line I entered in fstab

/dev/hdc1 /backup auto noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0

I have a simular drive setup on my wife's box running Mepis and it is
set up as follows
/dev/hdc1 /mnt/hdc1 vfat uid=1000,defaults 0 0
It works ok
my uid in this box is 500
I tried the above with no sucess???