Re: [SLUG] Install fest at next Sarasota Meeting?

From: Pete Theisen (petet@acun.com)
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 04:16:30 EDT

Hi Chris!

The http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/ doesn't have anything on my notebook,
there is a guy who posted a case on one close to it four years ago.

The last time I tried Linux on this machine I used Red Hat 8 late in 2002.
The biggest problem then was that the modem wouldn't work. There were other
problems with RH 8, notably that the manual commands were wrong, so RTFM
was a sick joke in this case. I bought that distro specifically because it
had a manual. Waste of time.

The modem: Name=MINI PCI type 3B Data Fax Modem by 3Com. The self-identify
info goes on to read Type=PCI; Class=Modem; Winid=VEN_10B7&DEV_1006;
Dosid=VEN_10B7&DEV_1006; Script=9300mod.SCR; Inf=MBOBAA.inf;
Application=na; Not Used1=nu; Not Used2=nu. I have no idea what this all means.

Sarasota is not somewhere I go down to, I live in Sarasota.

What will I need? The distro CD I *hope* someone else will bring since at
26.4 I can't get anything myself, the box itself and the Lexmark Z32
printer I will bring, Mark says they have UPS units . . . Anything else?
Hey, if this thing could go on the web from the built-in modem and print to
the Z32 from Linux- wow!

At 05:16 AM 4/9/2004, you wrote:
>http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/ find your model and grab everything you
>will think you need before you go down to sarasota

Regards,

Pete