Re: [SLUG] fstab

From: Maurice Wilson (maury0324@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 13:09:21 EDT

>Levi wrote
>I doubt that's it. I've got an amd64 system, and it saw, read, and wrote
>vfat filesystems without any problem. That's using either Debian or
>Fedora Core 1(Yarrow).
>This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked
>Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages
>posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the
>official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.

Yeah I'm somewhat a newbee when it comes to Linux, anyway I did make it
an ext3 drive and it boots up and works fine except I can only do
anything with it as root using KdiskFree file manager. I would like to
get it to just come up and be able to mount it in mnt as regular user.
The line in fstab now is as follows

/dev/hdc1 /backup ext3 defaults 1 2
id for this box is as below
uid=500(maury) gid=500(maury) groups=500(maury)

Below is the line in fstab on my P-4 Mepis system and it works good.

/dev/hdc1 /mnt/hdc1 vfat uid=1000,defaults 0 0

I can live with it as is but would rather not have to jump through so
many hoops...Maurice