RE: [SLUG] Engarde Linux - CD Mount Fails

From: Russ Wright (rwrigh10@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 16:12:50 EDT

>> The ls command is in the /bin diecrtory on the cd.

>How do you know?

cd /bin
echo l*

>> I am booting from the CD.

>How do you know?

I used Ranish partition manager to f-disk the hard drive prior to putting
the cd in the cd-rom drive. Without the cd-rom in the cd-rom drive it does
not boot I get "OS Missing" messages.

>> However I cannot use the ls command I get "not found"

>Maybe /cdrom actually isn't a directory. Why do you think it is? Make a
>directory with the command "mkdir /mnt/cdrom" and then try "mount /dev/hdc
>/mnt/cdrom -o ro".

I tried your suggested command and it did not work. I gave up and
downloaded a copy of Red hat Fedora and it installed perfectly. I thihkn
itis a bug in their installer as I found an email in the knowledge base
covering the same issue with an HP pavillion. Go Figure.

Regards
Russ