Re: [SLUG] More fun with SCO

From: Robert Foxworth (rfoxwor1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Apr 17 2004 - 20:22:52 EDT

> On Saturday 17 April 2004 12:21 pm, craig@caffeine-addict.com wrote:
> > On one of my frequent daily trips to news.google.com, I came across
> > something that I couldn't resist sharing with everyone. Hopefully
this
> > will another giant nail in SCO's coffin, but who knows.
> >
> > http://www.sltrib.com/2004/Apr/04172004/business/157903.asp
> >
> > The article details a loan made to SCO that the lender is calling
in.
> > YAY!!!
>
> Thanks for a great link!
>
> I sent the paper a note on how I like their reporting and how didio is
not
> the kind of reference they should refer to as she's far too
unprofessional
> and clearly has been bought.
>
> - --
> Steve

All the pertinent details are on Groklaw of course, and Slashdot.
However
I mention that to point out, some posters are saying, however, this may
be a premature wish, since the longer term goal would be to see the
concept of the GPL upheld by an affirmation from the court in this case.
The
problem with a collapse of SCO in the near future is the lack of
resolution
of that point and the possibility down the road that someone with much
more savvy and resources can then test that idea and possibly succeed.

That aside, let us know of you get a reply re: Ms. Didio

Bob