Re: [SLUG] Computer parts store

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Wed Apr 21 2004 - 18:26:21 EDT

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 10:44:42PM -0400, Gary Cook wrote:

> I recently bought two systems that I bought the parts from TCWO and got
> several bad parts, spent endless hours troubleshooting to find out the parts
> were defective. After 3 weeks I gave up and returned the stuff and got hit
> with a 50.00 restocking fee. I would suggest buy online from newegg.com or
> www.zipzoomfly.com I have not had those kind of issues with them.
>
> Gary

Heh. This always happens. We have threads like this every few months,
and the same names get suggested over and over, and invariably other
people get on and say, "Oh, that place sucks!" Pick any place, and some
people will love it, and others will hate it. This is one reason we
don't do job postings on the main list-- this exact thing would happen
with them as well.

I don't mean to run down anyone's experience with a given shop. You
experience whatever you experience. I just find it amusing how the
threads always tend to go the same way.

I'll go back to eating my corn flakes now. ;-}

Paul