{SPAM?} Re: [SLUG] Sarasota Reminder

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 22 2004 - 15:55:46 EDT

> For those who missed, the MEPIS installed ok but the printer, modem
> and DVD movie player *didn't* work. It was "unsupported hardware"
> according to Mark. Maybe if I russle up another printer, buy a *real*
> modem and forget the DVD . .

Warren (Mepis guy) says he may have made some mistakes with CUPS setup
in this beta, and there are probs with Winmodem drivers if you used the
2.6x kernel option -- and he tried using Kaffiene instead of Xine for
DVDs, and that he had enough problems with it that he's back to Xine in
the beta2 he just now uploaded. So get that the latest beta, and don't
forget that you need to get and install libdvdcss with apt or Warren's
customized version of Kpackage to play commercial DVDs.

- Robin